Welcome to Lactose Life where your stomach will love you once more. What foods can you eat with lactose intolerance? There are plenty of options below. Let’s explore the possibilities.
What The **** Can I Eat?
Non-dairy foods, right. Yeah, if it was only that simple. In the bullet points below there are six tricks I’ve learned.
- Stay away from dairy. The cows will love you. Really, it’s what’s hurting you. There are many great alternatives available. Most importantly, they won’t hurt your stomach and they taste great.
- Lactase pills. You take them and they ease your LI symptoms. For many, they make you free of symptoms. Take as many pills as you need since these pills are not addictive and have no side effects. Be sure to read the instructions on the package.
- Hard cheeses! Cheddar cheese is awesome, so is provolone. These are two kinds of cheese many people can eat even if you are LI. I’m one of them and my LI is really bad. The good news there are even more cheeses you can eat.
- Lactose free milk. This is heaven sent. There are kinds of milk that are identical in taste to regular milk without the stuff that hurts your stomach – the lactose. For over 10+ years I didn’t drink milk, but now there are so many great tasting kinds of milk.
- Know your triggers. I have very bad LI so I avoid dairy like the plague when I eat out. Some people can drink a glass of milk, then the second glass sends them to the bathroom. However, others like me are horrified of the glass.
There are many resources here to help you navigate through lactose intolerance. Check out the other guides. They will help you answer the question, what can I eat. If you have any questions or concerns reach out to me.